This 4 days gorilla safari starts and ends in Kigali taking you into Uganda and Rwanda for gorilla trekking. Included in this tour package are 2 gorilla permits ( Parc Nationale des Volcanoes and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda). This is one of the best valued gorilla trips offering you an opportunity to track mountain gorillas two times within different destinations.
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kinigi
Our tour guide will meet you at the airport or your hotel in Kigali for a transfer to Volcanoes National Park, the place where the American primatologist Dian Fossey spent almost 20 years pioneering studies of mountain gorilla behaviour. On arrival at the park, check into the lodge for dinner and overnight. Overnight at Da Vinci Gorilla Lodge (Budget) / Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge (Midrange) / Four Gorillas Lodge (Luxury)
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Pac des Volcanoes and cross to Uganda
After an early breakfast, our driver head to the ORTPN offices and get briefed about the activity of gorilla trekking! After the briefing, set off in the forest for Gorilla trekking.
The trek is a thrilling adventure taking you through the refined foothills of the Virungas as you hike into the densely forested canopy. On finding the gorillas, you have one hour to spend time watching them. Feel free to photograph the gorillas. After the trek, have lunch and depart for Uganda. You will cross the border via Kisoro then clear at the boarder. O/D Clouds Rushaga Haven Lodge or Gorilla Valley Lodge (Budget) / Rushaga Gorilla Camp (Midrange) / Chameleon Hill Lodge (Luxury)
Day 3: Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
After breakfast, head to the park head quarters for briefing and then set off into the rainforest and bamboo covered slopes, searching for the mountain gorillas. The trek in Bwindi can sometimes be tough and long, therefore be ready for the hike!
Dinner and Overnight at the Rushaga Haven Lodge or Gorilla Valley Lodge (Budget) / Rushaga Gorilla Camp (Midrange) / Chameleon Hill Lodge (Luxury)
Day 4: Return to Kigali / Continue to Kampala
Option 1 : After breakfast, leave for Kigali. You have the opportunity to take a Kigali city tour including a visit to the Gisozi Genocide Memorial Museum before getting transferred to the airport.
Option 2: After breakfast drive to Kampala, the capital of Uganda. Drop off at the hotel or at the Entebbe airport.
- Transport to and from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park and Bwindi (Uganda)
- Full time tour guide/driver,
- 2 Gorilla tracking permits (one in Rwanda @ 1500$ and the other in Uganda at $700),
- Full board accommodation with all meals included,
- Park fees,
- Park entry fees
- Airport transfers,
- Ground transportation
- Full time 4X4WD vehicles
- Fees for option activities
- Flight tickets and departure taxes,
- Travel documentation (visas) travel and medical insurance,
- Optional excursions, excess buggage charges,
- Tips and gratuities for your guides and accommodation staff,
- Alcoholic Drinks and beverages other than mineral water in the vehicle and beverages at meal times
- All other items of a personal nature such as telephone calls, postage fees and so on, Meals not indicated on your detailed itinerary